UK: Britvic kickstarts Drench campaign
Britvic has launched a new advertising campaign for its Drench brand in the UK.
The soft drinks company said yesterday (2 June) that the campaign kicks off this month with a GBP2.4m (US$4.7m) investment which will push the brand until September. The promotional push uses the tagline: 'Your brain is 75% water - keep it topped up, stay drenched.'
Britvic marketing director Andrew Marsden said: "The new Drench campaign allows us to communicate an engaging message around mental hydration that differentiates us from other water brands on the market. Consumer response to this concept has been positive to date with the new tagline receiving a very strong and positive response in testing."
The campaign will support the recently-launched new pack design for Drench which features the water in 500ml and 750ml bottles.
Earlier this year, Britvic posted a lift in first-half profits, thanks to strong performances from both CSDs and still drinks. The company saw operating profit for the 28 weeks to 15 April rise by 30.1% year-on-year, hitting GBP24.2m. Total sales for the period were up 9.3% to GBP353.6m.
While revenue from still drinks was up 8.5% to GBP166.8m, CSD sales also outperformed the market, Britvic said, rising 9.6% to GBP175.2m.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Focus - Heineken's Q3 Performance by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch