UK: Britvic jucies up its kid's drink portfolio
Juice Up, the latest soft juice drink to hit the supermarket shelves this week has been described by leading soft drinks company Britvic as "an entirely new concept in soft drinks."Specifically targetted at children and health conscious mums, Juice Up is a smooth blended drink containing six essential vitamins, 8% milk and more fruit than some other leading brands and, say Britvic, one glass provides more calcium than half a glass of milk.Already proving to be a resounding success in research and trials among children and parents, Juice Up contains no artificial colours and no added sugar and is the culmination of a two year development project by Britvic as part of its £20m market management programme, Right Choice."Kids want an aspirational drink and mothers want the best for their kids and there's no need for these requirements to be in conflict," says Britvic's marketing director Andrew Marsden. "We have never underestimated the power of kids as consumers and we know how to give them the image they want. Juice Up is a truly innovative product. It will be the next phenomenon in the soft drinks category and will become the preferred brand choice for kids and mums."A major launch is planned in early 2001 into the convenience and independent channels, but Juice Up is currently available in three flavours, Smooth Orange, Cool Berry and Sunshine Tropical in 1.3 litre and 200ml six packs at Tesco, Sainsbury and Safeway and retails at £1.35 and £1.95 respectively.Sarah Diston
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends