UK: Britvic gets Ron Burgundy on board for Tango movie tie-up
Britvic's Tango is launching limited-edition packaging
Britvic has linked up with Paramount Pictures to launch limited-edition Tango bottles featuring the lead character from upcoming movie Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues.
Three Tango flavours - apple, orange and cherry - will show Ron Burgundy, played by Will Ferrell, alongside the character's catchphrases such as “stay classy” and “say whaaat!”. The limited-edition packaging, on all bottle and can formats, rolls out from this month until January.
“The tie up will definitely stand-out on shelf, while showcasing the brand’s irreverent sense of humour," said Jonathan Gatward, Britvic's GB marketing director.
He said the push, which is targeted at 16-24-year-olds, will also direct consumers to Tango's Facebook page to win prizes including tickets to the film’s premier, private screenings and a trip to New York.
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is released in the UK on 20 December.
Tango's movie tie-up follows Britvic's summer TV advertising push behind the brand, launched in June.
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director