UK: Britvic brings PepsiCo's SoBe energy to UK
SoBe Pure Rush is currently available in two flavours, Apple Berry Burst and Tropical Twist
Britvic is to launch PepsiCo's SoBe Pure Rush energy drink range in the UK.
Britvic said today (28 February) that its current focus is on seeding the brand in key 'on-the-go' outlets. Britvic holds the licence to produce, market and sell PepsiCo's drinks brands in the UK and Ireland.
Global sales of the SoBe brand, which also spans fruit-flavoured waters and iced tea drinks in the US, are currently worth GBP570m (US$926.7m).
SoBe Pure Rush contains naturally-energising caffeine, guarana and ginseng, and has no artificial colours or flavours. It is currently available in Apple Berry Burst and Tropical Twist.
"Research shows that the number of people buying stimulant drinks is in decline recently, because people don't like how they taste, and because they're full of artificial ingredients," said Britvic's head of seed brands, Jon Evans.
"Pure Rush has been designed to address this. We are confident it will bring new shoppers into the category and help grow sales in the stimulant drink segment, which is now worth GBP399m."
Our latest management briefing, a combined effort with our sister site, just-food, is an extended, three-part preview of 'Social Media in the Food and Drinks Industry', a report now available on just-...
Molson Coors has injected some fresh impetus into its international brewing business, via three executive appointments. ...
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends