UK: Britvic and PepsiCo sign Gatorade rugby deal
The three-year deal, announced today (28 August), is intended to improve consumers' awareness of Gatorade.
"We very much look forward to working closely with the players and coaches of the league," said Arif Haq, brand manager for Gatorade UK.
Premier Rugby's commercial director, Jon Varney, added: "I am very pleased to have concluded our first central sports drink deal for the Guinness Premiership. We are also proud to be one of the first sports in the UK to conclude a deal with Gatorade, which is testament to the growing strength of the Guinness Premiership and the respect it commands."
Gatorade is available in single and four-pack 500ml PET bottles, with a sports cap and an ergonomically designed bottle to fit into the hand.
UK soft drinks company Britvic has expanded its product line to include a juice drink made with drench spring water and fruit juice....
[UPDATED 25/02/2009] PepsiCo has altered some of its plans to re-invest the US$1.2bn in cost-savings from its restructuring programme in a bid to provide greater value for consumers during the economi...
The Pepsi Bottling Group said that while near-term economic difficulty would hurt drinks sales, the company would position itself to capitalise once the economy improves....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
PepsiCo has signed a multiyear distribution deal with Rockstar Energy Drink....
Cott Corp. has confirmed the appointment of its new CEO....
Foster's has said that it intends to keep its struggling wine business, but will separate its wine and beer divisions and dispose of more than 30 "non-core" vineyards, as well as 37 brands....
PepsiCo juice brand Tropicana faces tougher competition in Western Europe and must work hard to offset rising supply chain costs, the head of PepsiCo International has said....
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World