UK: Britvic and PepsiCo sign Gatorade rugby deal
The three-year deal, announced today (28 August), is intended to improve consumers' awareness of Gatorade.
"We very much look forward to working closely with the players and coaches of the league," said Arif Haq, brand manager for Gatorade UK.
Premier Rugby's commercial director, Jon Varney, added: "I am very pleased to have concluded our first central sports drink deal for the Guinness Premiership. We are also proud to be one of the first sports in the UK to conclude a deal with Gatorade, which is testament to the growing strength of the Guinness Premiership and the respect it commands."
Gatorade is available in single and four-pack 500ml PET bottles, with a sports cap and an ergonomically designed bottle to fit into the hand.
UK soft drinks company Britvic has expanded its product line to include a juice drink made with drench spring water and fruit juice....
[UPDATED 25/02/2009] PepsiCo has altered some of its plans to re-invest the US$1.2bn in cost-savings from its restructuring programme in a bid to provide greater value for consumers during the economi...
The Pepsi Bottling Group said that while near-term economic difficulty would hurt drinks sales, the company would position itself to capitalise once the economy improves....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
PepsiCo has signed a multiyear distribution deal with Rockstar Energy Drink....
Cott Corp. has confirmed the appointment of its new CEO....
Foster's has said that it intends to keep its struggling wine business, but will separate its wine and beer divisions and dispose of more than 30 "non-core" vineyards, as well as 37 brands....
PepsiCo juice brand Tropicana faces tougher competition in Western Europe and must work hard to offset rising supply chain costs, the head of PepsiCo International has said....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends