UK: Britvic, AG Barr shareholders to vote on merger next month
The new company expects to start trading shares by the end of next month
In filings to the London Stock Exchange (LSE) this week, the two firms revealed that separate shareholder meetings will be held next month to finalise the GBP1.4bn (US$2.25bn) merger. The new company, Barr Britvic Soft Drinks plans to start trading shares on the LSE by 31 January.
The Office of Fair Trading announced last month it was investigating any competition issues over the creation of one of Europe's largest soft drinks producer. The deadline for submissions was last week.
Meanwhile, departing Britvic chief executive Paul Moody will get a GBP2.9m (US$4.7m) pension as part of his exit terms, according to reports. He will also be kept on as a consultant for six months after the merger.
Roger White, who will be CEO of the merged company, will get a salary of GBP530,000 per year, along with an annual bonus of up to 125% of his salary.
Up to 500 staff are expected to lose their jobs over the next three years as a result of the merger.
To see just-drinks' full coverage of AG Barr and Britvic's proposed merger, click here.
Britvic requires a "significant cultural change", an analyst has warned while dismissing its chairman's claims performance has improved since it agreed to merge with AG Barr....
The drinks sector is particularly fertile ground for mergers and acquisition activity, with a number of big businesses accustomed to making acquisitions to spur growth, new players popping up all over...
Britvic's sidelined merger with AG Barr is likely to go ahead despite a new cost-savings plan from Britvic that suggests it could go it alone, an analyst has said....
AG Barr has avoided action from the UK's Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) after an Irn Bru ad attracted 176 complaints. ...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research