UK: Britvic adds to Tango Clear range
Britvic Soft Drinks has added two new flavours to its Tango Clear brand range.
Tango Clear Orange and Tango Clear Raspberry & White Cranberry will be launched this month, available in 330ml cans and 500ml and 2ltr bottles.
Britvic's category director Andrew Marsden said: "Innovation in the 'better for you' sector has helped reinvigorate the carbonates category.
"These new Tango Clear flavours fulfil that demand by offering drinkers a fruit flavoured carbonate that delivers a juicy, refreshing taste with the benefit of no added sugar."
Initial responses to the new ranges have been positive, with over 50% of respondents respectively saying they would definitely or probably buy one of them.
Britvic said it sees new innovations like Tango Clear as vital to growing the sub-category and improving sales and profits for retailers.
Marsden added: "Tango Clear was introduced last year in direct response to consumer demand for healthier carbonated drinks. Retailers must continue to embrace change and offer consumers a wide range of drinks.
"Diet, low and no sugar drinks continue to rise in popularity and will shape the fortunes of not just the fruit flavoured carbonates sub-category, but the entire soft drinks market in the future."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review