UK: Britvic adds to J2O line in UK
Britvic has announced plans to introduce a replacement flavour to its J2O range in the UK.
The soft drinks company said today (25 January) that the new flavour, apple & blueberry, will replace its orange & cranberry flavour and will be available in the on-trade from next month and in the off-trade from April.
Britvic sales director Andrew Richards said: "The introduction of the new apple & blueberry flavour will ensure that J20 continues to cater for a range of consumer tastes and social occasions, driving overall purchase frequency and boosting the appeal of the core range."
Richards added: "Ranges need to continue developing and evolving to meet emerging consumer demands and we felt that, six successful years after its launch, J2O orange & cranberry had reached the point of maturity."
The launch of J2O apple & blueberry will be supported by POS and use the tagline 'Not the usual' in an effort to appeal to consumers.
The J2O brand is worth over GBP183m (US$363m) to the on-trade market, while in off-trade it is worth GBP46m, the company said.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman's Q1 performance by region, brand
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Staying in the Mix: The Global Concentrates Market in 2016