UK: Britvic adds Lipton Ice Tea to UK distribution portfolio
Britvic has signed a bottling agreement with Pepsi Lipton International to distribute Lipton Ice Tea in the UK.
The deal, announced yesterday (10 February), will see Britvic take over distribution from brand co-owner, Unilever, which will retain ownership of the Lipton masterbrand. Pepsi Lipton International is a joint venture between PepsiCo and Unilever.
Jonathan Gatward, brand director at Britvic, said: "Lipton Ice Tea is a great addition to the Britvic portfolio as the Lipton brand is the second biggest player in the global drinks market.
"It also extends Britvic's offering to a new sub-category, consolidating our position as the soft drinks company with the broadest portfolio in the UK, offering more choice to our customers."
Britvic already owns the licence for several PepsiCo soft drinks in the UK.
The Lipton Ice Tea range comprises of four variants in two formats: Lemon and Peach (both available in 500ml and 1.5L), and Mango and Green Orange (500ml only).
Bruno Gruwez, marketing manager at PepsiCo, said: "Ready-to-drink tea is a category with enormous growth potential in the UK."
A little over ten years since it divested itself of its major bottling asset, Pepsi Bottling Group, PepsiCo this week sealed a deal that reversed the move - flying in the face of the recent perceived ...
The Coca-Cola Co posted a healthy 16% lift in first half net profits this week, ahead of PepsiCo's 2% drop. Michelle Russell examines the fortunes of the two rivals....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pepsi-Cola North America has expanded its Mountain Dew soft drink line with the addition of a flavoured diet variety for the US market....
PepsiAmericas has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
PepsiCo hopes to complete the US$7.8bn buyout of its major bottlers, PepsiAmericas and Pepsi Bottling Group, by the end of the year....
PepsiCo has reached a deal to buy out its major bottlers, PepsiAmericas and Pepsi Bottling Group, after raising its offer to US$7.8bn....
PepsiCo has confirmed a switch of chief marketing officer at its Americas unit....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages