CANADA: Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation: British Columbia Securities Commission Notice of Hearing
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation (the "Company") (NASDAQ:CCBC; TSE:CLV.) has been advised by Douglas Mason, the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer and a Director, that the British Columbia Securities Commission has issued a Notice of Hearing dated October 31, 2000, making certain allegations against him. Mr. Mason has categorically denied the allegations being made against him and has indicated that he will vigorously defend his position. The allegations in the Notice of Hearing revolve around Mr. Mason's connection with a trust established and administered under the laws of the Island of Jersey. Mr. Mason has stated that his position is that his conduct has not contravened Canadian law, and specifically, any provision of the British Columbia Securities Act. Mr. Mason has further denied categorically that he has in any way acted in a manner that would have any improper effect on the market. Based in Vancouver, B.C., Clearly Canadian is a leading producer of premium beverages, including Clearly Canadian® sparkling flavoured water, Clearly Canadian O(plus)2® and Tre Limone(TM), which are distributed extensively in the United States, Canada and numerous countries worldwide. Clearly Canadian also owns CC Beverage (U.S.) Corporation, a Washington State company, which produces and distributes Cascade Clear® and Clearly Canadian products in the United States and other countries as well as co-packing for other manufacturers' brands. CC Beverage also operates a home/office water delivery business in the U.S. Pacific Northwest. Additional information on Clearly Canadian and CC Beverage may be obtained on the world wide web at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages