CANADA: Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation: British Columbia Securities Commission Notice of Hearing
Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation (the "Company") (NASDAQ:CCBC; TSE:CLV.) has been advised by Douglas Mason, the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer and a Director, that the British Columbia Securities Commission has issued a Notice of Hearing dated October 31, 2000, making certain allegations against him. Mr. Mason has categorically denied the allegations being made against him and has indicated that he will vigorously defend his position. The allegations in the Notice of Hearing revolve around Mr. Mason's connection with a trust established and administered under the laws of the Island of Jersey. Mr. Mason has stated that his position is that his conduct has not contravened Canadian law, and specifically, any provision of the British Columbia Securities Act. Mr. Mason has further denied categorically that he has in any way acted in a manner that would have any improper effect on the market. Based in Vancouver, B.C., Clearly Canadian is a leading producer of premium beverages, including Clearly Canadian® sparkling flavoured water, Clearly Canadian O(plus)2® and Tre Limone(TM), which are distributed extensively in the United States, Canada and numerous countries worldwide. Clearly Canadian also owns CC Beverage (U.S.) Corporation, a Washington State company, which produces and distributes Cascade Clear® and Clearly Canadian products in the United States and other countries as well as co-packing for other manufacturers' brands. CC Beverage also operates a home/office water delivery business in the U.S. Pacific Northwest. Additional information on Clearly Canadian and CC Beverage may be obtained on the world wide web at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends