FRANCE: Bright Food acquires controlling stake in Diva Bordeaux
Chinese group Bright Food has acquired a 70% stake in Bordeaux trader Diva Bordeaux.
The transaction, announced earlier today (25 June), is for an undisclosed sum, and has been processed through Bright Food's subsidiary, Shanghai Sugar Cigarette and Wine (SSCW).
Diva Bordeaux's founder & president, Pierre Beuchet, and CEO Jean-Pierre Rousseau will hold the remaining 30% of the company's capital. Rousseau will occupy the posts of president & CEO for a minimum five-year mandate following Bright Food's purchase. An SSCW representative will be appointed chairman of a supervisory committee to be created.
The transaction is subject to final closing operations that are due to occur shortly.
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly