CANADA: Brick Brewing founder, chairman resigns
Brick Brewing founder and chairman Jim Brickman has resigned from the Canada-based brewer's board.
His resignation, announced today (11 February), comes two months after his official retirement from the company, Brick Brewing said.
Peter Schwartz is to be the brewer's interim chairman, it said. Schwartz controls Benbrick Holdings, which is believed to hold a stake of around 35% in Brick Brewing.
Ontario-based Brick said in December that net sales in the three months to the end of October were 3.3% down on the corresponding period a year earlier, at C$7.3m (US$5.9m).
Brick Brewing has agreed to change the label of its Red Baron beer, following a lawsuit filed against the firm by Labatt Brewing Co....
The founder of Brick Brewing has dismissed a lawsuit against him from the brewer, which alleged financial wrongdoing....
Brick Brewing, the Canadian brewer, has filed a lawsuit against its founder, James Brickman, alleging financial wrongdoing against the company....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts