USA: Brick Brewing Announces Six Month Results
The lower sales revenue was due to a contribution of the negative impact of poorer summer weather on industry volume generally and the Company's focus on more profitable sales volume.
Notwithstanding lower volumes, gross margins improved with operating income before interest and amortization holding relatively steady at $1.2 million compared to $1.3 million last year. Cash generated over the six months was $792,000 compared to a cash decrease of $473,000 the previous year.
Jim Brickman, Founder and President of the Company, said, "We are well into our program to reduce our cost infrastructure and focus on more profitable volume, and are beginning to achieve improved margins and cash flow as a result. There is still work to do on growing our key brands but, notwithstanding the impact this year of generally less favorable summer weather, our efforts to enhance overall profitability are showing results. We are looking for further improvements during the remainder of the year."
Established in 1984, The Brick Brewing Co. Limited of Waterloo, Ontario was the first craft brewery of its kind to start up in Eastern Canada in recent decades and is credited as being one of the pioneers of the present day craft beer renaissance in Canada. Brick is traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol "BRB".
Brewing Co. Limited
% of change
|Revenue||$11.8 million||$13.8 million||-14%|
|EBITDA||$1.2 million||$1.3 million||-8%|
|Earnings per Share||0.03||0.04||-25%|
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends