CANADA: Brick Brewing Announces First Quarter Results
Brick Brewing Co. Limited of Waterloo, Ontario today announced its first quarter financial results for the three month period ending April 30, 2000. Net earnings for the quarter were up slightly to $34,000 compared to $31,000 the previous year while sales were $5.2 million down from $6 million the previous year. Cash generated in the quarter was $257,000 as compared to a cash decrease of $732,000 the previous year."We view the results of our first quarter as a good start to our new fiscal year which is traditionally a softer period", said Jim Brickman, Founder and President of the Company, "The changes we have made to the business now start to reflect our focus on a more profitable mix of sales rather than on volume. These improvements and other initiatives will become more evident as we progress through the year", he added.Established in 1984, The Brick Brewing Co. Limited of Waterloo, Ontario was the first craft brewery of its kind to start up in Eastern Canada in recent decades and is credited as being one of the pioneers of the present day craft beer renaissance in Canada. Brick is traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol "BRB".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Irish whisky exports forecast to double by 2020
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits