SERBIA: Brewery privatisation on hold
A report by the news agency Reuters said today that the decision had been made to work out a strategy to attract more competition to the sector and prevent multinationals from creating their own monopolies.
"We plan to complete the privatisation strategy for the remaining breweries by March 2004," Aleksandar Gracanac, the director of Serbia's state-run Share Fund which manages the state's shares, told Reuters.
In 2003 three brewers have been sold for a total of €440m (US$515m), including the sale of the country's biggest brewer Apatin for a total of €326.9m to Belgian giant Interbrew.
Gracanac said the state would have to decide whether to sell the remaining breweries, which includes the country's second largest brewer BIP, via international tenders or auction them on the local bourse.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020