CANADA: Brewery bounces boob of an ad
New Brunswick-based Moosehead Breweries has had to revise a marketing campaign for their Alpine beer brand that features bikini-clad buxom ladies, because the Canadian province's liquor monopoly labelled it inappropriate. Barbara Winsor, head of the New Brunswick Liquor Corporation, told the Moncton Times: "Their big boobies are hanging out," and banned pamphlets from being distributed in provincial alcohol stores; 100,000 will now be pulped.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- 'Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery'