Brewers unite for Global Beer Responsibility Day
62 countries will be involved in Global Beer Responsibility Day
The inaugural Global Beer Responsibility Day (GBRD), which is taking place today, will focus on reducing the harmful use of alcohol and promoting responsible enjoyment of beer.
A-B InBev CEO Carlos Brito said: “We know that by coordinating our activities and by making Global Beer Responsibility Day a truly collaborative effort, we can achieve much greater reach and impact with our programmes than if each of us acts alone.
“We look forward to continuing to work with any interested partners to develop programmes that promote responsible and moderate consumption.”
The initiative will involve around 60,000 employees in 62 countries. The companies hope it will engage directly with about 1m consumers and the same number of retailers, with a further 10m consumers targetted through various drink-driving and underage drinking prevention initiatives, bartender training, education and brand-led responsibility campaigns. In Mexico, the scheme involves getting retailers to ask young adults for official ID.
Cees 't Hart, CEO at Carlsberg, said: “Beer plays an important role in local cultures and economies and together we need to continue to contribute to this positive impact of beer in society by promoting that our products should be consumed responsibly as a part of a balanced lifestyle."
Earlier this week, the drinks industry released an update on its five-year plan to reduce harmful drinking.
Trade association the Brewers of Europe has created this video for Global Beer Responsibility Day.
Canadean's "Heineken UK Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
Canadean's "Heineken N.V. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
Anheuser-Busch InBev NV has an extensive strategic policy having just bought the American company SABMiller in 2015....
Anheuser-Busch InBev’s top domestic priorities in 2016 are to expand its premium beer offerings whilst elevating consumer sentiment towards core brands....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits