DENMARK: Brewers unite against Carlsberg - report
Three Scandinavian brewers are teaming up to do battle with Carlsberg, according to local press reports. In its online edition, Danish newspaper Berlingske Tidende said yesterday that Denmark's Bryggerigruppen, Sweden's Spendrups and Norway's Hansa Borg are planning a strategic alliance to challenge Carlsberg's leading position in the Scandinavian markets.
The paper claims that the alliance will cover marketing cooperation and joint purchasing.
Hansa Borg is 40%-owned by Bryggerigruppen and Spendrups.
Earlier this year, Danish press reported that Carlsberg was losing its cache in its home market, as customers opted for foreign brews and those made by Bryggerigruppen.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg has entered into negotiations with the IBM Group regarding a possible outsourcing of the Danish brewer's IT services in Europe....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Change Your Name Before It's Too Late
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Interview - PepsiCo chief scientific officer
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- Pernod takes 84% stake in Avion Spirits
- Edrington to set up global Travel Retail team