POLAND: Brewers toast a buoyant 2006
Beer sales in Poland rose over 7% last year, according to figures from the country's brewing association.
Some 32.5m hectolitres of beer were sold in Poland in 2006, data from The Union of Brewing Industry Employers in Poland showed.
Poland's largest brewer, Kompania Piwowarska, said yesterday (7 February) that its sales leapt over 10% to 12.4m hl.
The company, a unit of brewing titan SABMiller, said sales had been "exceptionally strong" during the summer, buoyed by the football World Cup. The performance increased Kompania Piwowarska's share of the Polish beer market to 38.3%, the company added.
Managing director Mark Bowman said: "We expect the market growth to continue for 2007, albeit at a slower pace, and we are hopeful that our current positive market momentum can be maintained."
SABMiller has added to its Polish subsidiary with a brewery acquisition in the country....
SABMiller has announced the retirement of two of its division heads....
UBS has shifted its coverage of SABMiller....
SABMiller has posted a healthy lift in quarterly sales volumes, despite a flat performance by its US division....
SABMiller is preparing to spend up to US$30m on minority shares in two of its Panamanian subsidiaries....
A local broker has lowered its coverage of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
InBev and SABMiller have had their share coverage raised....
SABMiller has announced that its wholly owned subsidiary SABSA Holdings has successfully priced a five-year ZAR1.6bn (US$229.4m) note issue in South Africa....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly