Russia: Brewers take tax authorities to court
OAO Baltika Brewery, ZAO Ochakovo and ZAO Vena have all filed a suit to the Moscow Court of Arbitration.
Vladimir Gubanov, head of department of alcohol and tobacco taxation at the Tax Ministry, told a press conference in April that it was essential to raise excise duty on beer so that the government can receive more in tax revenues.
Russia's department of alcohol and tobacco taxation indicated in April that the January 25% rise in exercise duty was needed in order that the government can receive more in tax revenues.
Baltika was hit hard, as most of its beer is in the medium-to-low price range, which is particularly price sensitive. It reported a drop in both profit and market share.
Russia's second-largest brewer Sun Interbrew Ltd, a unit of Belgium's Interbrew S/A, hasn't to date joined the other Russian brewers in public lobbying of any kind.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
Baltika has bought into a Siberian brewer....
Carlsberg Sverige is looking to introduce a lemon-flavoured beer to the Swedish market....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Spanish beer maker San Miguel has launched the new San Miguel 0.0% Apple to continue expanding in the country's booming market for alcohol-free brews....
Diageo North America has poached a senior executive from General Motors....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends