RUSSIA: Brewers commit to PET downsizing
Brewers in Russia have agreed to the voluntary changes
Brewers in Russia have vowed to limit their production of beer in PET bottles from next year.
The Russian Brewers Union has committed to two voluntary initiatives: To stop producing beer in PET bottles bigger than 2.5 litres; and to stop using PET containers bigger than two litres for beers with a higher abv of 6%. Isaac Sheps, chairman of the brewers' union and the head of Carlsberg's operations in the country, confirmed the move at a news conference yesterday (3 October).
The changes will take effect from 1 January, 2014.
Russia's authorities have been cracking down on the alcohol sector in recent years. At the start of this year, a ban was introduced on beer sales from so-called 'non-stationary outlets' such as kiosks, pavilions and open-air markets.
Drinking alcohol in public spaces has also been outlawed and a ban on print media alcohol advertising was introduced.
Published by Canadean, this Quarterly Beverage Tracker report provides a detailed analysis of the latest developments in the Denmark beverage market...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Malaysia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
Global manufacturers, orchards owners, and independent brewers are realising the potential in the cider/perry market beyond core markets, particularly the UK. Evolving cider/perry markets in Eastern E...
This report comprises high level market research data on the Slovenia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers the total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review