RUSSIA: Brewers commit to PET downsizing
Brewers in Russia have agreed to the voluntary changes
Brewers in Russia have vowed to limit their production of beer in PET bottles from next year.
The Russian Brewers Union has committed to two voluntary initiatives: To stop producing beer in PET bottles bigger than 2.5 litres; and to stop using PET containers bigger than two litres for beers with a higher abv of 6%. Isaac Sheps, chairman of the brewers' union and the head of Carlsberg's operations in the country, confirmed the move at a news conference yesterday (3 October).
The changes will take effect from 1 January, 2014.
Russia's authorities have been cracking down on the alcohol sector in recent years. At the start of this year, a ban was introduced on beer sales from so-called 'non-stationary outlets' such as kiosks, pavilions and open-air markets.
Drinking alcohol in public spaces has also been outlawed and a ban on print media alcohol advertising was introduced.
The world’s fourth largest brewer, Carlsberg is working to reduce its reliance on struggling European markets. This profile considers the company’s decision to focus on emerging Asian markets and anal...
Published by Canadean, this Quarterly Beverage Tracker report provides a detailed analysis of the latest developments in the Denmark beverage market...
Global manufacturers, orchards owners, and independent brewers are realising the potential in the cider/perry market beyond core markets, particularly the UK. Evolving cider/perry markets in Eastern E...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Malaysia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
This report comprises high level market research data on the Slovenia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers the total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages