Product Launch - UK: BrewDog's Watt Dickie
Click through to view an image of Watt Dickie
BrewDog's Watt Dickie
Category - Spirits, distilled beer, 35% abv
Available - From the end of this month
Location - BrewDog's 12 UK bars and online (BrewDog.com/shop), 70cll bottles "later this year"
Price - SRP of GBP2.99 per 6cl bottle
Distribution - BrewDog
Scottish brewer BrewDog is launching an "ice distilled" beer.
The 35% abv Watt Dickie, named after the firm's founders James Watt and Martin Dickie, has been created using an IPA-style beer in a "radical" brewing and ice distillation process, it said today (14 June). The precise process is being kept secret until a patent is approved.
BrewDog claims the product is a "new style of spirit".
The company, more famous for its off-kilter beers, said Watt Dickie will be kept seperate from the BrewDog brand.
It is currently being served in BrewDog's London speakeasy, Underdog, and will be available in its 12 bars and online store from the end of this month.
The drink is expected to be made available in 700ml bottles later this year, the brewer said.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends