Product Launch - UK: BrewDog's Watt Dickie
Click through to view an image of Watt Dickie
BrewDog's Watt Dickie
Category - Spirits, distilled beer, 35% abv
Available - From the end of this month
Location - BrewDog's 12 UK bars and online (BrewDog.com/shop), 70cll bottles "later this year"
Price - SRP of GBP2.99 per 6cl bottle
Distribution - BrewDog
Scottish brewer BrewDog is launching an "ice distilled" beer.
The 35% abv Watt Dickie, named after the firm's founders James Watt and Martin Dickie, has been created using an IPA-style beer in a "radical" brewing and ice distillation process, it said today (14 June). The precise process is being kept secret until a patent is approved.
BrewDog claims the product is a "new style of spirit".
The company, more famous for its off-kilter beers, said Watt Dickie will be kept seperate from the BrewDog brand.
It is currently being served in BrewDog's London speakeasy, Underdog, and will be available in its 12 bars and online store from the end of this month.
The drink is expected to be made available in 700ml bottles later this year, the brewer said.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research