Product Launch - UK: BrewDog's Watt Dickie
Click through to view an image of Watt Dickie
BrewDog's Watt Dickie
Category - Spirits, distilled beer, 35% abv
Available - From the end of this month
Location - BrewDog's 12 UK bars and online (BrewDog.com/shop), 70cll bottles "later this year"
Price - SRP of GBP2.99 per 6cl bottle
Distribution - BrewDog
Scottish brewer BrewDog is launching an "ice distilled" beer.
The 35% abv Watt Dickie, named after the firm's founders James Watt and Martin Dickie, has been created using an IPA-style beer in a "radical" brewing and ice distillation process, it said today (14 June). The precise process is being kept secret until a patent is approved.
BrewDog claims the product is a "new style of spirit".
The company, more famous for its off-kilter beers, said Watt Dickie will be kept seperate from the BrewDog brand.
It is currently being served in BrewDog's London speakeasy, Underdog, and will be available in its 12 bars and online store from the end of this month.
The drink is expected to be made available in 700ml bottles later this year, the brewer said.
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research