Product Launch - UK: BrewDog’s Tactical Nuclear Penguin
BrewDog's Tactical Nuclear Penguin
Category - Beer, craft beer, 32% abv
Available - Now
Location - Online at www.brewdog.com, with 20 bottles shipped to each UTO Beer in London and Cornelius Wines & Spirits in Edinburgh. A limited number will also be made available for export
Price - 250 bottles will be available for GBP30 with a further 250 available for GBP250
The GBP250 bottles will include a share in the company as part of its 'Equity for Punks' campaign which is aiming to raise GBP2.3m to build a new brewery in Aberdeen.
With an abv of 32%, Tactical Nuclear Penguin beats the previous record of 31% held by German beer brand Schorschbraer.
The beer began as a 10% imperial stout 18 months ago. The beer was aged for eight months in an Isle of Arran whisky cask and eight months in an Islay cask. The beer was then stored at -20 degrees for three weeks to get it to 32%.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts