Product Launch - UK: Brewdog's Hello My Name is Vladimir
Click through to view the new beer
Brewdog's Hello My Name is Vladimir
Category - Beer, IPA, 8.2% abv
Available - From this week
Location - Online at Brewdog.com and from all UK Brewdog bars
Price - Online price of GBP2.89 (US$4.70) per 33cl bottle
Distribution - Brewdog
Scottish craft brewer Brewdog has launched an IPA that pokes fun at Russian president Vladamir Putin.
Hello My Name is Vladimir is a “tongue-in-cheek” counter to Putin's endorsement of anti-homosexual laws implemented in the country last year," Brewdog said today (4 February) The same laws sparked a gay boycott of Russian vodka ahead of this year's Winter Olympics, due to start in Russia this week.
Brewdog said on its website: “This beer is our first foray into controversy with a cause greater than our own. An ironic beer, but one backed up with some serious flavours.”
The bottle features an Andy Warhol-style photo montage of Putin wearing makeup. Brewdog also released pictures of Brewdog founder James Watt mimicking poses made by the Russian leader, including one of Watt topless while riding a horse.
Hello My Name is Vladimir is part of Brewdog's Hello My Name is... range and is a limonnik berry-infused double IPA. Brewdog said that half of the profits from the beer will go to “charities that represent oppressed minorities around the world”.
The Future of the UK Alcoholic Drinks Packaging to 2017
The report provides in-depth quantitative data on retail alcoholic drinks packaging, covering key segmentations such as pack material and type, closure material and type, outer and multi-pack informat...read more
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter