GLOBAL: BrewDog plans bars in India and Brazil
The company is planning bars in India and Brazil
Scottish craft brewer BrewDog is planning further international expansion with the launch of bars in India and Brazil.
The private company plans to open a site in New Delhi by the end of this year and a unit in São Paulo by “early 2014”, a spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (3 September). The group, which currently has 11 UK bars, opened its first international outlet in Stockholm, Sweden, earlier this year.
Plans for a bar in São Paulo first emerged in January this year.
Meanwhile, the group said today it has raised GBP3m out of the GBP4m it is aiming for through a crowd-funding share initiative.
The 'Equity for Punks' scheme, which launched in June, has given consumers the chance to buy a share in the company for GBP95. The funds will allow the brewer to expand its new brewery, increase its number of bars and open bottle shops in the UK.
BrewDog said today it is “on track” for sales of GBP20m in 2013.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends