GLOBAL: BrewDog plans bars in India and Brazil
The company is planning bars in India and Brazil
Scottish craft brewer BrewDog is planning further international expansion with the launch of bars in India and Brazil.
The private company plans to open a site in New Delhi by the end of this year and a unit in São Paulo by “early 2014”, a spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (3 September). The group, which currently has 11 UK bars, opened its first international outlet in Stockholm, Sweden, earlier this year.
Plans for a bar in São Paulo first emerged in January this year.
Meanwhile, the group said today it has raised GBP3m out of the GBP4m it is aiming for through a crowd-funding share initiative.
The 'Equity for Punks' scheme, which launched in June, has given consumers the chance to buy a share in the company for GBP95. The funds will allow the brewer to expand its new brewery, increase its number of bars and open bottle shops in the UK.
BrewDog said today it is “on track” for sales of GBP20m in 2013.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report