GLOBAL: BrewDog plans bars in India and Brazil
The company is planning bars in India and Brazil
Scottish craft brewer BrewDog is planning further international expansion with the launch of bars in India and Brazil.
The private company plans to open a site in New Delhi by the end of this year and a unit in São Paulo by “early 2014”, a spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (3 September). The group, which currently has 11 UK bars, opened its first international outlet in Stockholm, Sweden, earlier this year.
Plans for a bar in São Paulo first emerged in January this year.
Meanwhile, the group said today it has raised GBP3m out of the GBP4m it is aiming for through a crowd-funding share initiative.
The 'Equity for Punks' scheme, which launched in June, has given consumers the chance to buy a share in the company for GBP95. The funds will allow the brewer to expand its new brewery, increase its number of bars and open bottle shops in the UK.
BrewDog said today it is “on track” for sales of GBP20m in 2013.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head