UK: BrewDog buys first pub
Scottish brewer BrewDog has bought its first pub, located in Aberdeen, for an undisclosed fee.
BrewDog said today (30 October) that it has finalised a deal to purchase a bar, named The Marischal, in Aberdeen.
The brewer said: "Perhaps it does not look like much at the moment, as nice as a run-down old pub can look. This, however, is all going start changing very soon."
"This is going to be home of the very first BrewDog brew-pub. Blending punk-rock, utilitarianism and philosophy, the BrewDog Bar will be exciting imaginations from February 2010."
The company said the pub will only serve BrewDog beers, which include Punk IPA and Zeitgeist.
Speciality beers will be brewed on-site and the venue will be host to beer events, including tastings, beer and food pairings and open brewing days.
BrewDog has faced a number of investigations by the Portman Group after complaints have been filed over its 18.2% Tokyo* beer.
Alcohol Scotland, a registered charity, said Tokyo* is "the UK's strongest beer" and does not promote a "positive message of safe and responsible drinking".
Sectors: Beer & cider
The UK's Portman Group is to take action against a drink it claims leaves consumers guessing whether it contains alcohol or not....
The UK government has confirmed that it will maintain a ban on the placement of branded alcohol and soft drinks high in sugar in television programmes....
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World