AUSTRIA: Brau Union revamps Edelweiss beer
Austrian beer brand Edelweiss will enjoy a complete makeover next year to focus on a new product - Edelweiss Snowfresh.
The brand's owner, Austrian brewer Brau Union, has decided to fully launch Snowfresh after a successful debut in France. The brand has sold 27,000 hectolitres this year, prompting the Heineken-owned brewer to pursue it further in other markets.
The roll-out of Snowfresh has led Brau Union to stop selling its Edelweiss Hefetrüb and Dark beers.
Snowfresh is targeted at young, urban consumers with higher disposable income and is priced at the level of an international super-premium beer.
Snowfresh is made with Alpine herbs and syrup that are added to the original unfiltered wheat beer. Snowfresh has an abv of 5%, and will be available in 0.33 litre bottles and 25l kegs.
Heineken is to file an appeal against April's EUR219.3m (US$294.4m) fine from the European Commission....
Heineken is continuing its continental approach in the UK, with a new marketing campaign in the country....
Heineken is looking to introduce a "continental style of drinking'" in the UK....
Carlsberg has shown interest in becoming the main sponsor for the Champions League, which is currently sponsored by Heineken....
Two brokers have reviewed their coverage of Heineken....
Heineken has reported a strong start to the year, with volumes rising around the world....
Heineken UK is using 'auditors' in an on-trade quality programme in the country....
SABMiller plans to invest in its South American operations over the next five years due to a rise in sales volumes and profit growth potential in the region....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report