GERMANY: Brau-und-Brunnen may acquire Margon water business
The German soft drinks producer Brau-und-Brunnen is reportedly in negotiations to acquire the mineral water bottler Margon Brunnen from its parent Gerolsteiner Group. The two companies did not elaborate on the reports, which appeared in the German press today. Gerolsteiner has invested 60m (US$63.3m) in Margon since its takeover in 1990 and the group had plans to invest a further €4.8m through to 2005.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery