GERMANY: Brau Holding chief to stand down
Brau Holding International, the German joint venture in which Heineken owns a 49% stake, has announced that its chief executive is to leave the company.
Wolfgang Salewski will leave his dual position of chief executive of BHI and its brewing subsidiary Paulaner on 31 March. The reasons for his departure were not disclosed.
Salewski will be replaced by Dr. Friedrich Hoepfner, currently managing director of two other BHI breweries, Hoepfner and Fürstenberg. Hoepfner oversaw BHI's recent acquisition of Schmucker Brewery in Baden-Württemberg.
Officials at BHI could not be reached for further comment as just-drinks went to press.
BHI, a venture between Heineken and German conglomerate Schörghuber Corporate Group, is one of the country's largest breweries with a stable of brands including Paulnaer, Kulmbacher and Hacker-Pschorr.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets