FRANCE: Brasseries Kronenbourg recruits permanent president & CEO
Kronenbourg has confirmed the appointment of a permanent president & CEO
Carlsberg has poached an executive from Kraft Foods to head up its Brasseries Kronenbourg division in France.
The brewer said earlier today (25 January) that it has appointed Marc Vermeulen to the post of president & CEO. Vermeulen replaces Frédéric Renauld, Kronenbourg's VP of administration & finance, who has held the role on an interim basis since October.
Vermeulen, 49, joins Kronenbourg from Kraft Foods (Mondelez International), for whom he has overseen operations in the Benelux since 2009. Between 1993 and 2000, he held several senior positions at Kronenbourg when it was owned by French food group Danone, including marketing manager and director of strategic planning.
Renauld, who returns to his previous position, was named as interim chief last year after Thomas Amstutz left to head up Carlsberg's Feldschlösschen subsidiary in Switzerland.
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor looks at the recent rise in activity from the iced tea category....
The world's biggest brewers have teamed up to launch a campaign in the UK that aims to get drinkers in the country to go back to beer....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends