FRANCE: Brasseries Kronenbourg recruits permanent president & CEO
Kronenbourg has confirmed the appointment of a permanent president & CEO
Carlsberg has poached an executive from Kraft Foods to head up its Brasseries Kronenbourg division in France.
The brewer said earlier today (25 January) that it has appointed Marc Vermeulen to the post of president & CEO. Vermeulen replaces Frédéric Renauld, Kronenbourg's VP of administration & finance, who has held the role on an interim basis since October.
Vermeulen, 49, joins Kronenbourg from Kraft Foods (Mondelez International), for whom he has overseen operations in the Benelux since 2009. Between 1993 and 2000, he held several senior positions at Kronenbourg when it was owned by French food group Danone, including marketing manager and director of strategic planning.
Renauld, who returns to his previous position, was named as interim chief last year after Thomas Amstutz left to head up Carlsberg's Feldschlösschen subsidiary in Switzerland.
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor looks at the recent rise in activity from the iced tea category....
The world's biggest brewers have teamed up to launch a campaign in the UK that aims to get drinkers in the country to go back to beer....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts