Product Launch - UK: Brand Phoenix's FirstCape Light
Click through to view Brand Phoenix's FirstCape Light range
Brand Phoenix's FirstCape Light
Category - Wine, lower alcohol, lower calorie, 5.5% abv
Available - Since late-June
Location - UK, available in Morrisons and Tesco
Price - SRP of GBP5.99 (US$9.30) per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Brand Phoenix
Brand Phoenix has added a new range of lower alcohol wines to its stable in the UK. FirstCape Light, which contains 74 calories per 12.5cl glass, comprises a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, Italian Pinot Grigio and Californian Zinfandel. Sparkling versions of the three variants will also be available, as will 50cl-sized bottles.
Focusing on the UK, market, Brand Phoenix branched out from its initial South African wine offerings when it launched its Discovery Series last year.
BRAND PHOENIX LAUNCHES FIRSTCAPE LIGHT
Brand Phoenix has extended its wine portfolio, by launching FirstCape Light. The company behind the fastest growing lighter style range, FirstCape Café Collection, has introduced three new varietals to the market.
The new Discovery Series includes a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, Italian Pinot Grigio and Californian Zinfandel. All varietals are 5.5% ABV with only 57 calories per glass (compared with 74 calories per full strength ABV FirstCape 125ml glass). Each varietal is available in both still and sparkling.
Steve Rosser, Joint UK Director of Brand Phoenix, comments: “We are excited to be further extending our lighter style range. We have witnessed significant demand for the 5.5% market over the past year so expanding our repertoire by offering the new FirstCape Light varietals was a natural move for the business.
“Lighter styles are a massive growth opportunity. They have entered the top 10 wine category for the first time and are now bigger than some generic wine categories, such as Argentina. Given the success we have gained with Café Collection, we are confident that this new tier of varietals will also prove a hit with consumers.”
Over the past twelve months, the lighter style wine category has grown by 34.7%. The category is worth £38 million, with FirstCape valued at £22 million – a 60% share of the market’s total value.¹
FirstCape Light is available in Morrisons and Tesco in 50cl (RRP £3.99) and 75cl (RRP £5.99) formats.
Original source: Company Release
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020