IRELAND: Brand Phoenix expands FirstCape distribution
FirstCape is moving into Ireland
Brand Phoenix has secured FirstCape's first supermarket listings in Ireland, with the South African wines' portfolio to appear in Tesco and Dunnes.
More listings will be announced soon, the company said (22 March). Brand Phoenix will also team up with distributors Classic Drinks to aid FirstCape's growth in Ireland, it said.
“Growth in Ireland is a key part of our new global strategy and we are committed to long-term investment in the Irish market with robust plans in place for both FirstCape Light and our core range of full strength wines,” a company spokesperson said.
Last year Brand Phoenix signed a sponsorship deal with British and Irish Lions rugby, with FirstCape bottles getting a Lions “red tops” redesign.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team