POLAND: Brand Distillery quells Polish distillery purchase talk
The Brand Distillery has calmed reports from Poland that the UK company has won the right to acquire Szczecinska Wytwornia Wodek Polmos.
Local media said today (19 June) that Brand Distillery has been given the green light to buy the state-owned vodka firm. Speaking to just-drinks, however, brand Distillery's commercial director, Nick Kirkpatrick, said that negotiations between the company and the Polish government had not yet concluded. "We're one of about seven or eight companies who have expressed an interest in buying the company," Kirkpatrick said, "but it's quite a long process. We first submitted our proposal two or three years ago, but we haven't been given the okay yet."
The UK-based company, which was formed in 2003, owns the U'lovka vodka brand, which is produced and bottled in Poland. The vodka is currently available in 32 markets, having recently launched in the US.
"There is no set timetable for a decision from the Polish government on this transaction," said Kirkpatrick. "We've not been informed of any decision yet."
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Neither economic gloom nor the presence of an illustrious neighbour appear to be overshadowing Armagnac, France's less well known brandy denomination. Chris Losh found the region's producers to be in ...
Shipping problems and a weakening economy have caused a revenue decline for Drinks Americas in its first half, the US group has said....
Pernod Ricard has signed a deal with Norway's Arcus Gruppen to sell several drinks brands acquired as part of its takeover of Vin & Sprit....
A Moet Hennessy UK advert for Belvedere vodka has been shot down by the country's advert watchdog....
Central European Distribution Organisation, the wine and spirits group, has said it has signed a deal to refinance its short-term debt, enabling it to continue investing in key growth markets....
Drinks Americas has said it has signed a 15-year distribution deal in Germany with local firm Zwilichiovskij Import-Export....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 22% revenue rise in the first nine months of 2008, but warned that it was likely to miss operating profit targets....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research