USA: Brancott Vineyards-Montana Wines Buys Corbans Creates Largest New Zealand Wine Producer
The purchase allows Montana Wines/ Brancott Vineyards to extend their grape resources, achieve greater production economies and become an even more significant presence in the international market. The enhanced vineyard holdings of 6000 acres will allow Brancott Vineyards to increase their U.S. market supply over the next several years.
"This development is an exciting challenge for our company," says managing director Peter Hubscher. "This gives our newly merged team even greater access to top quality vineyards and other resources. We believe it represents a great step forward for the New Zealand wine industry"
The purchase has received the consent of the Commerce Commission and a preliminary consent from the Overseas Investment Commission. Expected approval of the purchase is pending from the shareholders of the Montana Group, of which Montana Wines Limited/ Brancott Vineyards is a wholly owned subsidiary, and also from the DB Group shareholders.
The Seagram Chateau & Estate Wines Company, a division of Joseph E. Seagram & Sons, Inc., with principal offices in San Mateo and Napa Valley, California and New York City, produces and markets the wines of Sterling Vineyards, Tessera, The Monterey Vineyard and the sparkling wines of Mumm Cuv e Napa. The company is the exclusive U.S. importer of G.H. Mumm and Perrier-Jou t Champagnes, Barton & Guestier wines, Brancott Vineyards from New Zealand and Sandeman Ports and Sherries; and is the largest importer of classified Bordeaux in the United States. The portfolio is completed by Dominus in the Napa Valley, a collection of Burgundy estate-bottled wines, F.E. Trimbach wines from Alsace, San Telmo of Argentina, Castello d'Albola in Chianti, and several other European wines and spirits.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report