UK: Brains expands beer range in UK
SA Brain & Co has expanded its range of three bottled beers in the UK, with the addition of Brains Dark across Wales.
The family-owned Welsh brewer said yesterday (1 May) that Brains Dark has been added to its beer portfolio, in an attempt to respond to growing "consumer and retailer demand for the full range". All four products have been listed in all 43 Tesco stores in Brain's home country of Wales.
Brains sales and marketing director Richard Davies said: "Over the years we've shown we can compete with the biggest and best in the UK to produce high quality, distinctive beers. In the last 12 months we've seen our grocery channel grow by 50% and with the Tesco listing to our name we're confident of seeing further growth. This gives us huge confidence to continue innovating and developing our brands - the Welsh public clearly loves Brains beer."
Tesco marketing manager for Wales Enfys Fox added: "We have stocked SA Gold, Bitter and SA cans since 2006 and have been impressed with how well they have sold. Brains is recognised as a strong Welsh brand and many of our customers are supportive of that."
The full range includes Brains' beers named: Dark, The Rev. James, and Gold.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban