UK: Bowmore launches limited edition Scotch
Scotch distiller Bowmore has launched the second of three limited edition whiskies, targeted at the luxury spirits market.
Only 732 bottles of White Bowmore, a 43 year old single malt, have been made at the Bowmore Distillery on Islay, the firm said today (9 Setpember).
Costing GBP2,500 (US$4,400) per bottle, its release follows the launch of 42 year old Black Bowmore last year, marking a concerted effort by the group to target the luxury spirits market. A third release is still to come.
White Bowmore has been maturing in six bourbon casks since 1964, according to the company, and has been positioned as a collector's item for whisky connoisseurs throughout the world.
Glen Moore, Bowmore brand director, said: "Since the release last year of the 42 year old, there has been a huge amount of interest regarding this year's release."
A free bottle will be offered as a competition prize on Bowmore's website, www.bowmore.com.
Recent results suggest all spirits companies are feeling the effects of the downturn but some are better equipped for long-term growth than others. Jeremy Cunnington of Euromonitor International asses...
Legislation being proposed by the Scottish government would, if passed, represent some of the strictest alcohol regulation in the EU, so it's no surprise that it has provoked widespread reaction. just...
Both China and the US have in different ways been exciting growth markets for the drinks sector in recent years but for obvious reasons neither is quite what they were. Chris Losh looks at how both ma...
Diageo has confirmed that it will temporarily close one of its facilities in Scotland later this month....
Scotch whisky distiller The Edrington Group and Lucas Bols are to form a distribution venture in the Netherlands, responsible for brands currently handled by the Maxxium partnership in the country....
See the top stories published on just-drinks this week....
The UK alcoholic drinks sector is braced for up to 80,000 job cuts and falling sales over the next four years, a new report has warned, as industry leaders ratchet up the pressure on the government's ...
Talks between the EU and South Korea on a possible free trade agreement could significantly benefit Scotch whisky distillers, the Scotch Whisky Association has said....
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research