FRANCE: Bouvet-Ladubay targets increased production
Bouvet-Ladubay is investing EUR8m (US$10.7m) in raising its annual production capacity from 3.6m bottles to 6.5m over the next five years.
At Distré near Saumur, the Loire valley sparkling wines producer, which was acquired by India's United Breweries last year, is planning to build a 9,000 sq.m production plant equipped with downstream wine-making facilities, which could be extended to 22,000 sq.m. Work is scheduled to start in September and be completed in the first quarter of 2008. At its Saint Hilaire-Saint Florent site, Bouvet-Ladubay is investing in improving its bottling system and upgrading storage facilities.
Formerly owned by Taittinger, Bouvet-Ladubay reported 9% growth in turnover to EUR13.5m, with exports accounting for 60% of the total.
SABMiller has given further details about its intended investment in India going forward....
India's United Vintners, a wholly-owned subsidiary of United Spirits, has launched a range of New Zealand wines in its home market, according to reports....
Scottish & Newcastle has said that it has made "good progress" in its core markets, despite poor weather during the summer....
Bouvet-Ladubay is set to invest heavily in increasing its production capacity....
Reports today (23 October) have suggested that Scottish & Newcastle's operations in India could prove a barrier to Carlsberg and Heineken succeeding in breaking up the UK-based brewer....
United Breweries plans to invest in an effort to increase its beer production capacity, according to reports....
Indian conglomerate UB Group has announced a raft of key executive appointments at at its drinks subsidiaries, Whyte & Mackay, United Spirits and United Breweries, promoting long-standing employees to...
The United Breweries Group has declared it will not buy Mohan Meakin at its current price, according to reports....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China