US: Boutique wine marketing partnership formed
Three partners have joined forces to form a Californian wine company called Vintage Point - "Partners in Wine", which aims to assist small boutique wineries in their sales and marketing.
The three partners - David Biggar, managing director, Tom Peterson, director of operations, and Teresa Sullivan, director of finance - said their experience and passion for the luxury wine market led them to form the partnership.
"Above all, we want to help small, independent boutique wineries get to market," David Biggar said. "The way wine is marketed and sold in the US is changing so quickly, with consolidation happening in all parts of the business - retail, wholesale and supplier. As a result, we see that these wineries are getting lost in the system. Our aim is to partner with these wineries so that their businesses remain viable, profitable and strong."
Vintage Point will specialise in channel management, employing experienced prestige wine industry personnel with strong existing relationships with distributors, master sommeliers, restaurateurs and key retail accounts.
In addition to its national sales network, Vintage Point offers marketing services including package design, merchandising and advertising development, forecasting/planning and website development.
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages