GLOBAL: Bourbon shadowing Scotch boom - Beam Inc CEO
Beam launched a global campaign for Jim Beam yesterday
The head of Beam Inc has said that Bourbon will remain its “cornerstone” as the spirit follows Scotch whisky into emerging markets.
Yesterday (4 September), the US-based company launched its first global campaign for flagship Bourbon brand Jim Beam, with CEO Matt Shattock promising that the push will “resonate … in our new and emerging markets”.
“Jim Beam is our number one and our most powerful brand in our company,” Shattock said at a presentation hosted by Barclay's Bank yesterday. “It's the name on the door. It's the world's number one Bourbon.”
Bourbon and Jim Beam have “strong long-term growth prospects” in emerging markets," Shattock said. They can “come in the wake of Scotch and be one of the portfolio whiskies consumers will be interested in”, he added.
Bourbon accounts for one-third of Beam's sales. In last month's first-half results, the Jim Beam range increased global sales by 4%.
Shattock also said that Beam has found a new distribution partner in China, wine importer Asia Euro. “They've got the infrastructure and we're grafting our premium spirits into their portfolio. It made a lot of sense,” he said.
In the first of a new “on-trend” series, just-drinks dives a little deeper than usual into this trend-in-flux. In this mini-report, we look at recent vodka flavour consumption volume, focusing on the ...
Beam Inc is planning to expand its Maker's Mark distillery with a US$67m investment to meet demand for the Bourbon. ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts