GLOBAL: Bourbon shadowing Scotch boom - Beam Inc CEO
Beam launched a global campaign for Jim Beam yesterday
The head of Beam Inc has said that Bourbon will remain its “cornerstone” as the spirit follows Scotch whisky into emerging markets.
Yesterday (4 September), the US-based company launched its first global campaign for flagship Bourbon brand Jim Beam, with CEO Matt Shattock promising that the push will “resonate … in our new and emerging markets”.
“Jim Beam is our number one and our most powerful brand in our company,” Shattock said at a presentation hosted by Barclay's Bank yesterday. “It's the name on the door. It's the world's number one Bourbon.”
Bourbon and Jim Beam have “strong long-term growth prospects” in emerging markets," Shattock said. They can “come in the wake of Scotch and be one of the portfolio whiskies consumers will be interested in”, he added.
Bourbon accounts for one-third of Beam's sales. In last month's first-half results, the Jim Beam range increased global sales by 4%.
Shattock also said that Beam has found a new distribution partner in China, wine importer Asia Euro. “They've got the infrastructure and we're grafting our premium spirits into their portfolio. It made a lot of sense,” he said.
Companies: Beam Global Spirits & Wine
Beam Inc is planning to expand its Maker's Mark distillery with a US$67m investment to meet demand for the Bourbon. ...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends