GLOBAL: Bourbon shadowing Scotch boom - Beam Inc CEO
Beam launched a global campaign for Jim Beam yesterday
The head of Beam Inc has said that Bourbon will remain its “cornerstone” as the spirit follows Scotch whisky into emerging markets.
Yesterday (4 September), the US-based company launched its first global campaign for flagship Bourbon brand Jim Beam, with CEO Matt Shattock promising that the push will “resonate … in our new and emerging markets”.
“Jim Beam is our number one and our most powerful brand in our company,” Shattock said at a presentation hosted by Barclay's Bank yesterday. “It's the name on the door. It's the world's number one Bourbon.”
Bourbon and Jim Beam have “strong long-term growth prospects” in emerging markets," Shattock said. They can “come in the wake of Scotch and be one of the portfolio whiskies consumers will be interested in”, he added.
Bourbon accounts for one-third of Beam's sales. In last month's first-half results, the Jim Beam range increased global sales by 4%.
Shattock also said that Beam has found a new distribution partner in China, wine importer Asia Euro. “They've got the infrastructure and we're grafting our premium spirits into their portfolio. It made a lot of sense,” he said.
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
In the first of a new “on-trend” series, just-drinks dives a little deeper than usual into this trend-in-flux. In this mini-report, we look at recent vodka flavour consumption volume, focusing on the ...
Beam Inc is planning to expand its Maker's Mark distillery with a US$67m investment to meet demand for the Bourbon. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research