GLOBAL: Bourbon shadowing Scotch boom - Beam Inc CEO
Beam launched a global campaign for Jim Beam yesterday
The head of Beam Inc has said that Bourbon will remain its “cornerstone” as the spirit follows Scotch whisky into emerging markets.
Yesterday (4 September), the US-based company launched its first global campaign for flagship Bourbon brand Jim Beam, with CEO Matt Shattock promising that the push will “resonate … in our new and emerging markets”.
“Jim Beam is our number one and our most powerful brand in our company,” Shattock said at a presentation hosted by Barclay's Bank yesterday. “It's the name on the door. It's the world's number one Bourbon.”
Bourbon and Jim Beam have “strong long-term growth prospects” in emerging markets," Shattock said. They can “come in the wake of Scotch and be one of the portfolio whiskies consumers will be interested in”, he added.
Bourbon accounts for one-third of Beam's sales. In last month's first-half results, the Jim Beam range increased global sales by 4%.
Shattock also said that Beam has found a new distribution partner in China, wine importer Asia Euro. “They've got the infrastructure and we're grafting our premium spirits into their portfolio. It made a lot of sense,” he said.
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
In the first of a new “on-trend” series, just-drinks dives a little deeper than usual into this trend-in-flux. In this mini-report, we look at recent vodka flavour consumption volume, focusing on the ...
Beam Inc is planning to expand its Maker's Mark distillery with a US$67m investment to meet demand for the Bourbon. ...
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research