MEXICO: Bottler Arca posts healthy Q2
Mexican soft drinks bottler Embotelladoras Arca said yesterday (20 July) that it had posted a 40.9% gain in second-quarter net profit, helped by a 10% increase in volumes.
The bottler reported net profit of MXN716.6m (US$65.8m), compared with MXN508.7m a year earlier.
Sales rose 12.1% to MXN4.45bn, with the number of unit cases increasing to 127.5m from 116.1m, Arca said.
Arca, based in Monterrey, bottles Coca-Cola Co. products among others.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends