UK: Bottlegreen and Grand Marnier in joint initiative
Grand Marnier and Bottlegreen drinks have joined forces to launch a "seven-figure" joint marketing campaign over the summer period in the UK.
The company said today (2 June) that the partnership, targeting the consumer, retail and on-trade sectors, will look to drive exposure through a range of advertising, experiential, digital, direct mail, PR and in-store activities.
Spearheading the campaign will be The Grand Esprit, a summer cocktail that marries Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge with bottlegreen elderflower cordial and soda water, created jointly by Grand Marnier and mixologist Jamie MacDonald.
Grand Marnier is rolling out a national and consumer print advertising campaign to support the launch of this new cocktail, targeting titles such as Tesco, Sainsbury's Magazine, The Sunday Times and The Daily Mail.
A specially designed microsite will also be introduced featuring online promotions, while all marketing literature will endorse both brand names including recipes cards and bar menus.
Andrew Mallinson, marketing director for Bottlegreen, said: "As premium brands within our respective categories, Bottlegreen and Grand Marnier share very similar brand values and target audiences. The partnership is mutually beneficial and will help both brands to grow its consumer franchise over this key summer period."
The companies said there will be plans for further joint activity between the two brands to follow later in the year.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends