US: Botran Rums signs Emilio Estefan for global push
Guatamalan rum producer Botran Rums has recruited musician and producer Emilio Estefan to help promote its namesake brand globally.
The company said yesterday (5 February) that it has agreed an “alliance” with Estefan. As part of the deal, the Cuban-American artist will head up up a “multi-channel” US marketing campaign with the tagline ‘The Night Begins with Botran”.
Financial details or the length of the tie-up were not disclosed.
Estefan said: “This relationship provides a platform for me to introduce a product that I truly enjoy to everyone around the world.”
Roberto Garcia Botran, president & CEO for Botran Rums, said: “As a premiere Latin artist, tastemaker and global icon, Emilio embodies what our brand stands for - a commitment to heritage, tradition and a passion for fine taste.”
The Botran Family has been making rum in Guatamala for "more than six decades", it said.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Focus - Heineken's Q3 Performance by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch