US: Botran Rums signs Emilio Estefan for global push
Guatamalan rum producer Botran Rums has recruited musician and producer Emilio Estefan to help promote its namesake brand globally.
The company said yesterday (5 February) that it has agreed an “alliance” with Estefan. As part of the deal, the Cuban-American artist will head up up a “multi-channel” US marketing campaign with the tagline ‘The Night Begins with Botran”.
Financial details or the length of the tie-up were not disclosed.
Estefan said: “This relationship provides a platform for me to introduce a product that I truly enjoy to everyone around the world.”
Roberto Garcia Botran, president & CEO for Botran Rums, said: “As a premiere Latin artist, tastemaker and global icon, Emilio embodies what our brand stands for - a commitment to heritage, tradition and a passion for fine taste.”
The Botran Family has been making rum in Guatamala for "more than six decades", it said.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future