US: Botran Rums signs Emilio Estefan for global push
Guatamalan rum producer Botran Rums has recruited musician and producer Emilio Estefan to help promote its namesake brand globally.
The company said yesterday (5 February) that it has agreed an “alliance” with Estefan. As part of the deal, the Cuban-American artist will head up up a “multi-channel” US marketing campaign with the tagline ‘The Night Begins with Botran”.
Financial details or the length of the tie-up were not disclosed.
Estefan said: “This relationship provides a platform for me to introduce a product that I truly enjoy to everyone around the world.”
Roberto Garcia Botran, president & CEO for Botran Rums, said: “As a premiere Latin artist, tastemaker and global icon, Emilio embodies what our brand stands for - a commitment to heritage, tradition and a passion for fine taste.”
The Botran Family has been making rum in Guatamala for "more than six decades", it said.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat