US: Boston Beer teams with Berkshire Mountain Distillers for Samuel Adams whisky
Boston Beer Co has teamed up with Berkshire Mountain Distillers (BMD) to distil two of its Samuel Adams beer brands into whiskies.
The two companies announced earlier this week that BMD will triple-distil Samuel Adams Boston Lager and Samuel Adams Cinder Bock at its distillery in Massachusetts before barrel-ageing them. The “multi-year” project should see the whiskies launch in 2015.
Once distilled, Samuel Adams Boston Lager, will be aged for two years in Bourbon barrels. Samuel Adams Cinder Bock, meanwhile, will be distilled then aged for two years in wooden, oak barrels.
The used barrels will be sent to the Samuel Adams brewery in Boston, where they will be used for a yet-to-be-named barrel-aged beer.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report