US: Boston Beer teams with Berkshire Mountain Distillers for Samuel Adams whisky
Boston Beer Co has teamed up with Berkshire Mountain Distillers (BMD) to distil two of its Samuel Adams beer brands into whiskies.
The two companies announced earlier this week that BMD will triple-distil Samuel Adams Boston Lager and Samuel Adams Cinder Bock at its distillery in Massachusetts before barrel-ageing them. The “multi-year” project should see the whiskies launch in 2015.
Once distilled, Samuel Adams Boston Lager, will be aged for two years in Bourbon barrels. Samuel Adams Cinder Bock, meanwhile, will be distilled then aged for two years in wooden, oak barrels.
The used barrels will be sent to the Samuel Adams brewery in Boston, where they will be used for a yet-to-be-named barrel-aged beer.
- Change Your Name Before It's Too Late
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Interview - PepsiCo chief scientific officer
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- Pernod takes 84% stake in Avion Spirits
- Edrington to set up global Travel Retail team