US: Boston Beer dumps auditor for Ernst & Young
Boston Beer Co. has dismissed Deloitte & Touch as its auditor. Boston said yesterday (16 March) that its board's audit committee voted unanimously on Monday to appoint Ernst & Young as the company's new independent public accountant.
The regulatory filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission did not give a reason for the dismissal of Deloitte & Touche, which also happened on Monday.
Boston Beer pointed out, however, that it held no disagreement against Deloitte & Touche on any matter of accounting principles and practices, financial statement disclosure or auditing scope for the years ending 25 December 2004 and 27 December 2003, and the period before its termination as auditor.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research