Product Launch - US: Boston Beer Co's Samuel Adams Rebel IPA
Click through to view an image of the product
Boston Beer Co's Samuel Adams Rebel IPA
Category - Beer, IPA, 6.5% abv, draught and bottles
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - Six-pack SRP of US$7.99-$9.99 and 12-pack SRP of $14.99-$17.99. Prices vary by market.
Boston Beer Company has announced details of a new 'west coast-style' IPA it has launched under its Samuel Adams brand, brewed with five different hops in its experimental 'nanobrewery'.
Rebel IPA, with a 6.5% abv, is being launched nation-wide in the US in draught and bottled format. The beer, which contains Cascade, Simcoe, Centennial, Chinook and Amarillo hops, is described as having “big citrus and grapefruit aromas” with “piney and resinous notes”.
Rebel IPA was brewed at Boston's ten-gallon nanobrewery system, within its main brewery. “The nano acts as a test kitchen within our Boston Brewery, and it was here that Rebel IPA was born,” said Seth Adams, a brewer at the nanobrewery. “The West Coast hops we use in this brew are some of my personal favorites and I'm extremely proud to see this brew grow from these experimental roots to being available nationwide."
Earlier this month, the brewer introduced a seasonal Samuel Adams beer called Cold Snap.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head