Product Launch - US: Boston Beer Co’s Samuel Adams Escape Route
The company is looking to capture the late Winter, Spring market in the US
Boston Beer Co’s Samuel Adams Escape Route
Category - Beer, Kölsch-style, 5% abv, seasonal, limited release
Available - From this week
Location - US, nation-wide, off-trade
Price - SRP of US$7.99 to $9.99 per bottled six-pack
Boston Beer Co has launched a seasonal Kölsch-style beer to capture the late Winter, early Spring market in the US.
Samuel Adams Escape Route, with an abv of 5%, is a hybrid between an ale and a lager. Based on the Kölsch style, which originates from Cologne, Germany, the beer is described as having the “subtle fruit notes of an ale”, with the “smooth crispness of a lager” and a “hint of honey”.
As well as the six-pack format, the brand is being made available as part of Boston’s Samuel Adams Spring Brews Variety 12-pack, the company said.
Last month, the Boston, Massachusetts-based brewer released a "west-coast style" IPA.
Summary findings: The cider market saw strong growth last year. Further growth potential for the category remains. Angry Orchard enjoys excellent performance. This report contains detailed brand, di...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends