Product Launch - US: Boston Beer Co’s Samuel Adams Escape Route
The company is looking to capture the late Winter, Spring market in the US
Boston Beer Co’s Samuel Adams Escape Route
Category - Beer, Kölsch-style, 5% abv, seasonal, limited release
Available - From this week
Location - US, nation-wide, off-trade
Price - SRP of US$7.99 to $9.99 per bottled six-pack
Boston Beer Co has launched a seasonal Kölsch-style beer to capture the late Winter, early Spring market in the US.
Samuel Adams Escape Route, with an abv of 5%, is a hybrid between an ale and a lager. Based on the Kölsch style, which originates from Cologne, Germany, the beer is described as having the “subtle fruit notes of an ale”, with the “smooth crispness of a lager” and a “hint of honey”.
As well as the six-pack format, the brand is being made available as part of Boston’s Samuel Adams Spring Brews Variety 12-pack, the company said.
Last month, the Boston, Massachusetts-based brewer released a "west-coast style" IPA.
Summary findings: The cider market saw strong growth last year. Further growth potential for the category remains. Angry Orchard enjoys excellent performance. This report contains detailed brand, di...
Summary The Beer Market Insight USA report contains detailed brand, distribution and packaging data and analysis across the US beer market for 2013. Brand and packaging volume data is available whilst...
Westons has launched what it claims is the UK's first "craft" cider in a can. ...
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research