Boston Beer Co fast-tracks Truly Spiked & Sparkling release
Boston Beer's Truly Spiked & Sparkling was launched in April
Boston Beer Co has given a US nation-wide launch to its alcoholic seltzer, Truly Spiked & Sparkling, just two months after it was first unveiled.
Truly Spiked & Sparkling will roll out across the US from June, Boston Beer said this week. The company said it had had "great feedback and received countless inquiries" from consumers and believed that pre-Summer was the right time for a wider launch.
The 5% abv seltzer was given a limited roll out at the start of April, with Boston Beer saying it targeted both growth in the consumption of carbonated bottled water in the US and interest in low-calorie alcoholic beverages.
The company will be hoping the innovation, which follows a number of alcoholic soda launches in the US, can help turnaround diminishing fortunes.
In Q1 results last month, Boston Beer net profits plummeted 49% while sales and volumes in the three months to the end of March were down 5%. Analysts have blamed increased competition from within craft beer.
Boston Beer claims that Truly Spiked & Sparkling is the lowest-calorie and lowest-carb alcoholic sparkling water in the US. It contains 100 calories and two grams of carbs per serving and comes in three flavours - Colima Lime, Grapefruit & Pomelo and Pomegranate. It is already available in six packs but the nation-wide release will add a 12-pack format.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research