US: Boston Beer Co acquires Coney Island brand
The Boston Beer Co has bought the Coney Island brand from Shmaltz Brewing Company.
Shmaltz will continue to brew and sell Coney Island for two years under licence from Boston Beer subsidiary A&S Brewing Collaborative, Boston Beer said yesterday (26 August). Shmaltz’s founder, Jeremy Cowan, will also advise A&S on Coney Island matters for two years.
The deal, completed yesterday for an undisclosed fee, includes “some brewery equipment and other assets” related to the Coney Island brand, Boston Beer said.
Shmaltz has changed its name from Coney Island Brewing Company and retains the He'brew range of craft lagers, which includes the Messiah Nut Brown Ale and the Jewbelation.
Earlier this month Boston Beer Co reported that it had bounced back from a poor Q1 to post a healthy jump in first-half profits.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' management briefing for January, Euromonitor takes a look at what the year ahead has in store for the global brewing industry....
In 2013 and the coming years, the company is expected to continue its focus on developing new beers for its flagship Samuel Adams brand, alongside continued innovation of Twisted Tea (available in all...
Beer manufacturers have largely ignored the US cider/perry category as sales have historically been less than a fraction of a percentage of those of beer. However, the contraction of the US beer categ...
The analysts in this report forecast the Craft Beer market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 17.46 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the chan...
The biggest story in beer in the US in 2012 was the fact that the category achieved positive growth after three consecutive years of decline. Beer manufacturers and distributors are still very concern...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report