US: Boston Beer appoints sales vice president
The Boston Beer Company has promoted its national sales manager, John Geist, to vice president of sales.
Geist has worked for Boston Beer for around ten years, having previously been both a national sale director and division manager, the company said yesterday (16 April).
Boston Beer president and CEO, Martin Roper, said: "John's leadership in training and developing our sales team and his passion for brewing and selling craft beer have significantly contributed to our efforts to educate drinkers about the great full-flavoured, American craft beers available today. We're proud to recognise John's leadership and accomplishment with his promotion to vice president."
Earlier this month, Boston Beer signed an agreement with City Brewing to brew some of its beer in Latrobe, Pennsylvania in a brewery where InBev's Rolling Rock had previously been brewed. InBev had sold the Rolling Rock brand to Anheuser-Busch in May last year for US$82m.
The earlier-than-expected departure of Tony Froggatt as CEO of brewing force S&N has set the City rumour-mill churning. The brewer insists the move is a planned succession but, Chris Brook-Carter writ...
News this week that SABMiller and Molson Coors are to team up in the US beer market may have caught the industry by surprise, but the logic is compelling. As Olly Wehring reports, not only can the dea...
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has stayed silent on speculation that it plans to buy the Cerpa brewery in northern Brazil....
Anheuser-Busch has blasted Greenpeace's recent claims that the brewer is using genetically-engineered (GE) rice in the US as retaliation against its decision not to boycott US farmers....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has confirmed plans it is seeking to build a new plant in North Brazil....
Talk of consolidation within the world's brewing industry moved up a gear today (9 October), with reports that SABMiller is in talks with Molson Coors....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) is set to buy Argentine brewer Inversora Cervecera....
The Czech government has moved Budejovicky Budvar a step nearer privatisation, according to local reports....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research