US: Boston Beer adds to operations team
The Boston Beer Co. has appointed a vice president of operations as it mulls expanding the business.
The US brewer confirmed yesterday (25 January) that Thomas Lance will assume the position, having joined the brewer from Ken's Foods of Marlborough, Massachusetts, where he had been executive vice president for over five years.
"Tom's experience in managing and expanding complex food and beverage operations will be a great addition to the company's management team," said Martin Roper, Boston's president and CEO. "This is particularly important as we consider the prospect of expanding the company's brewery ownership."
Lance, 53, added: "I am delighted that I will be part of the team that develops and implements the company's brewing strategy to support its current and future growth."
Late last year, the Samuel Adams brewer posted a 41% leap in net income for its third quarter, to US$5.9m. The increase came on a 20% climb in sales for the three-month period, to $75.9m.
Boston Beer Co. has started rolling out Samuel Adams beer from the brewery that previously made Rolling Rock....
The former Rolling Rock brewery in the US is set to start brewing Samuel Adams. Boston Beer Co. has signed an agreement with a subsidiary of City Brewing to brew some of its beer in Latrobe, Pennsylva...
Boston Beer Co. saw full-year earnings leap almost 17% as it became the latest craft brewer to benefit from the thirst for more niche beers among US drinkers....
Isbre Holding has added another US distributor to a long list for its Norwegian spring water....
Isbre Holding Corp. has secured further distribution for its bottled Norwegian spring water in the US....
US brewer Boston Beer Co. has announced that chief operating officer, Jeffrey D. White is to leave the company....
The state of Pennsylvania has pledged investment to help reopen the former Rolling Rock brewery in Latrobe....
Boston Beer Co. has added to its range of Samuel Adams beers after some 14,000 drinkers voted to name the company's new brew....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018